Thursday, December 30, 2010

Wednesday, 12/29 and Thursday, 12/30

Winds picked up around 6:30 AM and started buffeting the house. Team practice cancelled for Wednesday, originally meeting in Skydome parking lot, however, due to the gloom-and-doom weather forecast, I call Andrew at 7:45, ask all to run on own (how many did that? Andrew got out for 55 minutes).

After canceling I thought about the boys bball team up in Tusayan. I called Coach and told him to bring them home immediately. Coach calls back later and explains he's not comfortable driving in such conditions. A parent and I go up with the parent transporting 6 of the students back and me driving the van back. Conditions were hairy, to say the least. Return to NPA at ~4 PM safe and sound.

DPS closes I-17 Northbound and eventually 180 and I-40. We arrive back at NPA safe and sound.

Today we awake to 15 inches of snow in town and only 4.5 inches here in Doney. I spend perhaps three hours snowblowing the driveway and shoveling walkways. Now at 9 PM its 9 degrees out, but the wind howls, so factor in wind chill.

Not the greatest training weather.

No comments: